Collage & Mixed Media Course
August 2019 | one week | daytime €450 (€225 deposit due on booking)
This iLLUSTORi Academy course is designed for aspiring, emerging or lapsed visual artists of ALL disciplines. Full syllabus in the course description. Paints and some materials supplied.
Pay 50% deposit on booking, and the rest ON or BEFORE the course starts.
If you wish to pay all up front contact me to arrange this – email@example.com
About The Collage & Mixed Media Course
This iLLUSTORi Academy course is designed for aspiring, emerging or lapsed visual artists of ALL disciplines. Full syllabus in the course description.
Just pay your 50% deposit now and the rest before the course starts. If you wish to pay all up front contact me to arrange this – firstname.lastname@example.org
€450 full price – daytime one week August 2019
€225.00 deposit for daytime August course
Then €225.00 balance will then be due on or before the course commencement date.
This one-week iLLUSTORi Academy course is designed for aspiring, emerging or lapsed visual artists of ALL disciplines. It is also suitable for those in the areas of graphic design or fine art, who wish to expand their skill set. Illustrators looking to update their portfolio to target agents and publishers will also benefit.
Daytime Only: The Collage & Mixed Media Course runs Aug 12th to 16th 2019 – 10 am to 4 pm
Course limited to 20 students
Mixed media is such a broad, all-encompassing term that it’s quite easy to become overwhelmed before you even get started! Adrienne will take the mystery out of it and help you get started making art. You’ll learn about common materials and how each media interacts (or not) with the others. You will develop new portfolio pieces with a focus on one theme using mixed media techniques.
At the end of this course
When you complete this course, you will have a greater understanding of the various types of materials, techniques and methodologies to create brand new and exciting work. Students will also have a themed developmental journal. They will have created a number of new artworks to use towards a planned exhibition or portfolio builder/extender.
Taught by published artist, collagist and writer Adrienne Geoghegan, it runs from Monday 12th August to Friday 16th August 10 am to 4 pm each day.
‘Top of the range’ paints supplied – bring containers for this. Free Pack of Carefully Curated Printed Ephemera. Bring Modge Podge glue and scissors. Adrienne is a trained Golden Colours Educator. She will cover all the various paints, pencils and mediums tried and tested by her. Everyone works a bit differently so there is no firm material list. On day one you will need to have a sketchbook, things to draw with, and ‘colours’ at the bare minimum. Throughout the course, you may want to experiment with other drawing materials, and you might want to use nice paper for finished pieces, all of which we will discuss the first night of the course.
We will discuss books and websites in class that you may choose to explore during and after the course.
All students are expected to attend classes regularly and promptly and for the duration of the scheduled week.
Because this course is only five days long, students should be prepared to do homework outside of class, and be ready to discuss their work during in-class critique. All of the assignments will relate to the central theme chosen by Adrienne but each student will put their own spin on it.
We Cover the Following:
- Overview of Supplies and Possibilities
- Substrates, Gesso and Surfaces
- Compatibility of Materials
- Glues and Mediums and Adhesives
- Keeping Journals for Notes and Ideas.
- From the originators and pioneers of Collage and Mixed Media to more Contemporary Practitioners,
- Discussing Techniques, Materials and Style of Contemporary Collagists
- Online Image Resources
- Materials: How Each Media Interacts (or not) With the Others.
- The Practice of Keeping Sketchbooks
- Initial Warm Up Developmental Exercises Working From the Theme Supplied by Adrienne.
- Collage Techniques, Adrienne’s Tips and Hints
- Photocopy Transfer Techniques
- Square, Landscape or Portrait
- Create a Collage Using Only Circles
- Planning Your Layout
- Drawing With Scissors
- Drawing or Utilising Elements From Out of Copyright Reference Photo
- Starting a Collection of Printed Ephemera and Found Objects
- Using Your Smart Phone Photos
- Collage and Copyright
- Let’s Get Started!
- Start With Your Background
- Using or Making Stencils
- Stamping And Printing – Create Your Own
- Incorporating Fun into Your Work (or seriousness!)
- Incorporate Quotes or Text into your Art Work- You Decide!
- Tracing Paper Templates
- Building Texture
- Mixing Paint
- Sourcing Printed Ephemera and Objects
- Picture Composition
- Altering Your Collage Paper
- Stitching Paper
- Continue With Your Artwork With Guidance From Adrienne
- This is an Extensive Day of Creating Artworks
- Interim Critique
- Continue With Guidance From Adrienne
- This is Our Second Extensive Day of Creating Artworks
- After Lunch: Final Finishing Off and Final Critique.
Please Note: This course may NOT adhere PRECISELY to what is written in the published list. To be realistic, courses sometimes deviate from this to allow for class needs and dynamics.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.